In just a few hours, general registration will open for the 2015 Run Disney Princess Half Marathon and Glass Slipper Challenge. If you’ve always wanted to do this run, don’t wait to sign up. This year’s (2014) Glass Slipper Challenge sold in just a few hours!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Sign up for an account on Active.com and if signing up multiple runners for the races, have all their information ready to go and have your credit card handy.
- The Princess 5K and Kids Races may have a ‘Frozen’ theme. (Rumors heard on the Twitterverse!)
- During the Princess Half Marathon weekend, a Castaway Cay challenge has been added.
From the Run Disney site:
“On Monday, when weekend is over, set sail on board the Disney Dream for a 4-night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral. You’ll sail to Disney Castaway Cay for your 5K run along sandy white beaches, past swaying palms and sparkling turquoise lagoons, with magical Disney moments to surprise you along the way. It’s a runner’s paradise in a spectacular island oasis. Best of all, as a runDisney guest on board the Disney Dream, you’ll receive VIP treatment with exciting activities, special merchandise offerings, and featured menu items.”
- In order to complete the Glass Slipper Challenge, one must register for the Challenge itself. If the Glass Slipper Challenge sells out, registering separately for the Enchanted 10K and the Princess Half and finishing both races does not count as the Glass Slipper Challenge and you will not receive the special Glass Slipper Challenge medal. Please keep that in mind when registering!
- All Walt Disney World hotels are host hotels for the Princess Half Marathon Weekend. This means that transportation to and from Epcot is available and will transport runners to the start line.
- Be patient! If you can’t get in immediately at noon on July 15, 2014, keep trying.
It is an amazing fun-filled, magical weekend. It was my first half marathon and will forever hold a special place in my heart. It was an empowering experience. It’s a great race for beginners, too!
Registration opens at noon today!!! Now go plan your running costume! 🙂
See you at the races!
QOTD: Will you be registering for the Princess Half Marathon race weekend?